In the Beginning....
The History of Union Baptist Church
Founded: March 6, 1871 by the late Rev. R. Ford and was located in what was known as the Harbor. The Church later relocated to the Deas Hill section.
|Colors: Red and white|
|Motto: "We are the Church that sits beside the road where Everybody is Somebody and God Is All !"|
|Pastoral Staff: The church has been under the leadership of various under Sheppard thru the years. Union Baptist Church is currently guided under the Pastorship of Rev. Dr. Elden Heyward and presently have one associate Pastor, Pastor Debra Stevens, and (2) associate ministers, Minister Jennie Bennett, and Minister Frank Manigault. |
Deaons and Deaconess: